Wednesday, July 24, 2013

response to wondertree: http://wondertree65.blogspot.com/

I love your ponderings in your blog. I was drawn to your comments about how people all over the world are "viewing the sky in diverse formats and weather," and wondering who they are, where they are, the dynamics of oneness versus classroom diversity--I agree with Tara on this point. It definitely gave me ideas to consider. Because I lived abroad and have had the opportunity to travel, I have, in turn, made friendships with people who are from different countries and cultures. When considering Tara's initial post for us to respond to, I definitely felt a deep sense of nostalgia and a yearning to know where my friends were specifically at the time I was reflecting upon the "Worlds Apart" blog. I was comforted by the fact that our sky is a way to constantly be spiritually connected to them.

I, too, wish to engage my students in thinking about events that have happened and are currently happening all over the world simultaneously, and how we are affected by and affect these events ourselves. It makes the world indeed seem more interlaced and, in turn, makes me think of how I can positively influence and educate my students as to how they are a member in our global community, and how they can positively contribute to their community and society, as well as bridging the gap amongst themselves and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment