Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Response to: http://cossondra.blogspot.com/



I commend you not only on your candor relating your experiences as a middle school teacher, but how you've approached them as well. I am a K-8 licensed teacher in IL, and due to economic and political conditions it's been difficult to find a full-time job since I got my master's in 2010--so I've been subbing in the meantime. Subbing certainly has had it's ups and downs, but I've had the privilege of teaching all age levels and in a myriad of school environments. This past year, I realized how much I enjoyed working with middle school students! As a sub, I have the added pressures of being challenged by behavior and ensuring I execute the lessons to the best of my ability--especially in subject areas where I am less comfortable in, like math and science. Anyhow, my best experiences have been when I have engaged myself in conversation with them, learning about their interests and needs--I was surprised at how many kids were interested in talking to me! I also take pride in the classroom when facilitating and assisting students. Even though I may be in a class for 1 or a couple of days, I give attention to all students, help them the best I can, and give them a smile. I hope one day when I have my own classroom that I am able to positively influence students in the ways that you have. Thank you for letting me share my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment